Local organiser – Sheffield
Job Title: Local organiser
Responsible to: Regional director and designated local officers
Key purpose: The local organiser will be responsible for supporting Sheffield Labour Group and Sheffield constituency Labour parties with election campaigning and municipal panel selection.
Salary: £26,454 – £27,431 pro rata, a car allowance may be available.
Hours: 22.5 per week (3 days) Some evening and weekend work may be necessary.
Closing date: 11:59pm on 30 November 2021
Start date: Immediate
Applications to: Send CV and one page covering letter setting out why you believe you are suitable to email@example.com
Support the development of citywide campaign strategy and ward campaign plans, engaging with our local communities and setting out clear water between us and our opponents.
- Support the development of a citywide selections strategy to increase the diversity of candidates.
- Produce print campaign materials.
- Support social media campaigning to increase our digital presence and ability to campaign on line; developing communications systems with branches, members and other units of the party and affiliated organisations to promote Labour Party achievements and Labour Party activities.
- Support the targeting of election materials using Labour campaign tools and to provide training and advice to members on election techniques, production of newsletters, Voter ID (doorstep and telephone), use of Labour campaign tools, and registration and postal votes.
- Improve the quality of Voter ID.
- Design and deliver relevant training to candidates, agents and campaigners throughout the year.
- Provide administrative support and guidance for the candidate selections process.
- Provide advice and guidance regarding local election procedures.
- To develop local fundraising and fundraising schemes to ensure the Labour Party units in the area have adequate funding to organise, campaign and contest elections.
- Building up membership and membership activity in the City in line with the Party’s aims and objectives.
- Support joined up working between Labour Group, SLCF/SLGC and CLPs, working with candidates, elected representatives and local parties to identify, develop, motivate and organize members and supporters.
- To report on the level of all activity, organisation and the effective operation of Labour Party rules in the area to the relevant Officers where appropriate.
- Labour Party organisation at branch, constituency, city and regional level.
- Campaigning techniques, including the Labour Party campaign tools.
- Equality and diversity legislation and Labour Party rules and initiatives.
- Labour Party selection processes for local government.
- Developing an election campaign strategy and organising the campaign.
- Working with and organising a group of volunteers.
- Working on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Running successful fundraising initiatives.
- Working with diverse communities
- Developing strategies for increasing member and community participation.
- Use of Labour Party campaign tools
- Developing and implementing recruitment and retention activities.
- Organisation of events, including training events.
- Ability to communicate concisely both verbally and in written form.
- Use of DTP packages to produce leaflets.
- Working with and leading a wide range of people, able to build strong working relationships in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Excellent people skills, able to motivate people.
- Drafting newsletters.
- Excellent organisation skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to use a basic WP package.
- Ability to run a well-organised office.
- A commitment to the Labour Party’s codes of conduct, mission and values.
- Strong personal commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- A driver’s license is desirable.